Cute & Funny
Top 100 Star Wars Dog Names
If there were just two things I love most, it would be dogs, and Star Wars (in that order). So it’s always a joy when the two meet. Whether it’s a clever pun on a name, a reference to a beloved character, or a dig at your pup’s villainous tendencies, it’s hard to go wrong with these Star Wars dog names.
Jedi Dog Names (The Good Guys)
- Han Solo. - The rogue of the skies, pilot of the Millenium Falcon, and Princess Leia’s love. Hard to beat that.
- Chewbacca. - Wookiee, Han Solo’s right hand man, big, hairy, and ready to fight – you know the guy.
- Chewbarka. - See above.
- Yoda. Small but powerful.
- Poe. Some might think “Edgar Allen” or even Teletubbies, but Poe Dameron is the ultimate Poe.
- Paw Dameron.. See above, just punnier.
- Wicket. if your dog is a little teddy bear, there’s no name more fitting than that of the ferocious-yet-adorable Ewok who first encountered Princess Leia.
- Logray. If your ferocious teddy bear is more of a bossy type, Logray might be a more fitting name.
- Obi-Wan. One of the wisest Jedi Masters, and close friend to Luke.
- Kenobi. See above.
- Wedge. Wedge Antilles was one of the unsung heroes of the original trilogy, flying alongside Luke at Hoth and taking down the Death Star.
- Antilles. See above.
- Porkins. although Porkins isn’t a huge character (just an X-Wing pilot), his name is perfect for a chubby pup.
- Qui-Gon-. One of the most well-respected Jedi, and mentor to Anakin.
- Jinn. See above.
- Anakin. Before his fall, he was really the cutest kid.
- Skywalker. Of Luke and Anakin, you won’t find a dog name more classic than “Skywalker”.
- Skybarker. See above.
- Finn. A stormtrooper turned rebel, and an ever-loyal friend.
- Paodok’Draba’Takat Sap’De’Rekti Nik’Linke’Ti’ Ki’Vef’Nik’NeSevef’Li’Kek. but you can call him Pao.
- Long Snout. An apt name for the imperial spy, Long Snout also suits pups quite nicely.
- Zavor/Garindan Ezz Zavor. The real name of Long Snout.
- Lobot. Lando’s head of security, strong and silent type, part cyborg…the usual.
- Kit Fisto. Definitely one of the most underrated Jedi.
- Dak Ralter. a solid name, a solid guy. Too bad Luke’s wingman didn’t live long.
- Mace Windu. If you’re not ready to just go all out and name your dog “Samuel L. Jackson”, Mace Windu will have to do.
- Admiral Ackbar. A true hero, Ackbar acted as commander in the Battle of Endor.
- Bail. Princess Leia’s father, Bail Organa.
- Wes. Wes Janson was also an X-Wing Pilot, and a bit of a daredevil.
- Cassian. Cassian Andor is a primary figure in the Rebel Alliance.
- Andor. See above.
The Dark Side & Sith Dog Names
- Vader. The Big Bad of the original three, Vader makes a perfect dog name for a pup with a bit of the dark side in him.
- Kylo. The primary villain of the most recent trilogy.
- Ren. See above.
- Count Dooku. Formerly a Jedi, Count Dooku became one of the most powerful forces of the dark side.
- Sidious (Sid). Darth Sidious, or Sid for short, was responsible for the destruction of the Jedi order.
- Palpatine. Senator Palpatine and Darth Sidious were two sides of the same person – but both pretty evil.
- Darth Maul. Darth Maul was by far the most interesting Sith Lord.
- Snoke. If “Supreme Leader” is a bit much for a dog name, Snoke might fit the bill.
- Darth Karnage. Not a particularly important character, but Darth Karnage has one of the coolest names in the franchise.
- Darth Bane. It’s hard to go wrong with dark Sith names.
- Darth Ramage. See above.
Star Wars Villains Dog Names
- Boba the Fett. The Bounty Hunter that very nearly beat Han Solo.
- Boba the Fetch. See above.
- Admiral Piett. one of the few to survive service to Darth Vader, Piett must have done something right.
- Conan Antonio Motti. his lack of faith was disturbing, indeed.
- Jabba/Jabba the Hut. Gross as he is, you can’t deny that Jabba is an iconic character.
- Jabba the Mutt. See above.
- Ponda Baba. another murderous criminal, Ponda Baba is best suited to a more…aggressive dog.
Star Wars Neutral Character Dog Names
- Lando. Love him? Hate him? Hard to say, but you can’t deny that Lando has the best style in the franchise.
- Jar Jar. Honestly, I don’t get the hate. Jar Jar Binks deserves better.
- Binks. See above.
- Hammerhead. though ultimately just another face (?) in the Cantina, Hammerhead’s is particularly hard to forget.
- Salacious B. Crumb. disturbing though he is, it’s hard to beat Jabba’s jester when it comes to names.
- Nien Nunb. can you go wrong with that name? Lando’s co-pilot might not be traditionally cute, but he’s pretty cool overall.
- Max Rebo. he was a weird little keyboard-playing blue dude, but we like our weirdos.
- Greedo. slow on the draw, Greedo never did get the best of Han Solo – but he was still a cool dude.
Star Wars Female Dog Names
- Princess Leia. Truly the hero of the entire franchise, Leia saved her friends, family, and several worlds countless times.
- Padme. Padme Amadala, you deserved better. Queen and Senator of Naboo, love of Anakin.
- Amadala. See above.
- Rey. Originally a Jakku scavenger, Rey ultimately finds herself a hero amongst the Resistance.
- Saw Gerrera. battered, war-hardened, scarred…Saw it one tough cookie.
- Jyn. Jyn Erso was the hero of the Rogue One mission, setting up the events of A New Hope.
- Erso. See above.
- Maz Kanata. ancient, wise, a bit confusing…we all know dogs like that.
- Phasma. beyond leading countless stormtroopers for the forces of evil, Phasma has a really dope name.
- Rose. A key member of the resistance, with a lovely name.
- Tico. If “Rose” is too pretty a name for you, you can always call your dog “Tico”.
- Paige Tico. Rose’s sister, Paige, doesn’t get as much screentime – but that doesn’t make her any less important.
- Amilyn Holdo. Specifically, Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo, if you want your regal girl to have her full name.
- Yaddle. Appearing only in The Phantom Menace, Yaddle is a female of Yoda’s species.
- Kabe. Kabe also doesn’t get a lot of screentime, but she makes an appearance at Chalmun’s Cantina, and really wants her blue milk.
- Beru. We didn’t get to see enough of Aunt Beru, but her kindness and love give Luke a strong start to life.
Star Wars Droid Dog Names
- BB-8. One of the cutest droids around, BB-8 is a loyal companion. And you can call him or her Bee, for short.
- R2D2. Perhaps the most beloved droid of all time, R2D2 is a name that brings joy.
- C-3PO. Although he can be irritating, we all love C-3PO’s bluntness and sass, and his friendship with R2D2 is one of the purest things in the franchise.
- E-3PO. a sadly brief character, E-3PO has plenty of sass to earn a place in our hearts.
- EV-9D9. I’m not sure you really want to call your dog EV-9D9, but Evie for short would work. The sadistic torture robot isn’t exactly one of the good guys, but she/he/it has a compelling backstory.
- GNK/GONK. The GNK or gonk droids aren’t all that interesting themselves, but Gonk makes a great name for an especially derpy pup.
Star Wars Location Dog Names
- Dagobah. If you can name your kids Paris, Brooklyn, or London, you can definitely name your dog Dagobah.
- Falcon. Short for Millenium Falcon, this name should be reserved for the fastest dogs in the galaxy.
- Endor. Home of the Ewok, and a hidden rebel base.
- Tataooine. Not the greatest place all around, but Tatooine serves an important role in the Star Wars story.
- Eisley. home of Chalmun’s Cantina, you won’t find a scummier place than Eisley.
- Hoth. The ice planet, home of the rebels in The Empire Strikes Back, and all around great pet name.
- Yavin. Yavin 4 is the jungle-y moon that houses the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
- Star. Yes, “Star” is maybe a more generic name than most on this list, but when you tell everyone your pup’s full name is “Death Star”, it’s a whole different story.
- Alderaan. Princess Leia’s homeworld, tragically destroyed by Darth Vader.
- D’Qar. D’Qar is the headquarter’s of General Leia Organa’s resistance in the later films.
- Jakku. The desert home of Rey.
Miscellaneous Star Wars Dog Names
- Wampa. Horrifying though that scene was, “Wampa” is a great name for any furry friend – especially a big white Yeti-like dog.
- Stormy. Although it isn’t the most aggressively “Star Wars” of the bunch, you’ll always know that your dog was named after the worst shots in the galaxy.
- Saber. Not all dog names have to be named after a character – one of the most classic names of the franchise, Saber is both simple and important.
- Wookiee. Chewie’s species, known for their general violence and short tempers, but always loyal.
- Jedi. A self-explanatory name.
- Chalmun. Though technically a person as well, Chalmun’s is the name of the infamous Cantina in A New Hope.
- Dianoga. Yeah, the creepy eye thing from A New Hope…doesn’t make a great swimming companion, but it sure makes a good name.
- Exogorth. I’m not sure if Exogorth is a name or a species, but the creepy giant worm thing makes a great namesake.
- Rebel. For the goodest boys and girls, fighting the forces of evil is the most important task.
- Emperor. But sometimes, the bad guys are more compelling anyway.
Share with us your favorite Star Wars dog names in the comments!
- Cute & Funny